Among the main types of yoga, there's an enormous variety of movement and style, and alongside this, each individual brings their own flair and personality to the mat. While some yoga purists may argue that yoga props are unnecessary, the humble yoga block is an underrated, excellent tool to elevate your practice - regardless of your experience level.
What can yoga blocks do?
- If you lack flexibility, blocks can bridge the gap between you and the floor, creating more ease - and less ouch - as you flow.
- Blocks can allow you to deepen poses and enhance your practice at any level.
- Struggling with balance? A well-placed block will give you some much-needed stability as you build your confidence.
- Using a block during restorative practices and inversions can help you hold poses for longer, with support and comfort.
- Rather than forcing a position and losing alignment, try using a block to stabilise yourself and maintain correct posture.
At Tribe we have two types of yoga block, cork and foam, both available in a standard size 230mm x 150mm x 100mm and a slimmer option 230mm x 150mm x 75mm
Cork Blocks are much firmer and denser than foam, giving you extra security and stability.
Tribe Cork Block Benefits:
- Heavy weight offering supreme grounding support and stability.
- Easy-grip natural textured surface.
- Highly durable fine cork grain for maximum density.
- Easy to clean.
- Sustainable and natural.
Foam Blocks are lightweight and have a softer touch than cork, and give outstanding support as well as being exceptionally durable.
Tribe Foam Block Benefits:
- Chamfered edges and soft texture for comfort during practice.
- High-density for support, stability, and durability.
Remaining curious and open on your yoga journey will undoubtedly lead you down a path of growth and enjoyment in your practice. Staying open may mean trying a new class or experimenting with props - like a block - to change things up.